Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/05/23 11:21:04 UTC

Forrest graphic libary (Was: copyright issues with images)

Good idea Bert. You are already helping out Forrest just by reading
the list and putting your mind towards it. If you want to do more, great.

Personally, i would only use little graphics where they are of benefit.
Otherwise i use plain text. For example, a green tick or a red cross
on an error report of a form submission.

So yes, i would see the need for a collection of well-chosen graphics.
Obviously when they are stored in a central directory, then they
could get re-used across all of Forrest's site builds. I expect that
when Forrest starts to produce statistics, then we will need certain
graphics.

Do you have the time to start a process to define what types and
purposes for a graphic library? We could start small. Perhaps you
can browse the other Apache projects to see if there is a need
for this.

Yes, your best way would be to do 'cvs checkout' then build
Forrest on your local system ... you see the results of your
modifications immediately.

By the way, what do you call them ... graphics, icons, logos?

--David