Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by br...@apache.org on 2004/02/18 21:39:34 UTC

cvs commit: xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif

brondsem    2004/02/18 12:39:34

  Added:       scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp .classpath .cvsignore .project
                        README.txt maven.xml project.xml
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/conf log4j.properties
                        settings.properties
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp
                        Config.java Constants.java Resources.properties
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action
                        BaseAction.java ViewLogBodyAction.java
                        ViewLogFrameAction.java ViewLogHeaderAction.java
                        ViewSummaryAction.java
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/dto
                        ProjectDTO.java
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/form
                        BaseDynaActionForm.java LoginForm.java
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/util
                        Project.java
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF
                        struts-config.xml struts-tiles.xml web.xml
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld
                        struts-bean-el.tld struts-html-el.tld
                        struts-logic-el.tld
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp commandForm.jsp
                        index.jsp loginForm.jsp summary.jsp
                        viewlog_body.jsp viewlog_header.jsp welcome.html
                        welcome.local.html
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common footer.jsp
                        header.jsp layout.jsp viewlog_frame.jsp
  Removed:     scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp controlpanel.jsp index.jsp
                        refresh_controlpanel.jsp refresh_frame.jsp
                        tail_refreshlog.jsp viewsite.jsp welcome.html
                        welcome.local.html
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/WEB-INF .cvsignore README.txt
                        logic.jsp settings.jsp settings.properties
                        users.properties utils.jsp web.xml
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/forrestbot
                        IOUtil.class IOUtil.java
               scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif
  Log:
  big refactor; uses maven, struts, jstl instead of just JSPs

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/.classpath

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/.classpath?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/.cvsignore

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/.cvsignore?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/.project

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/.project?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/README.txt

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/README.txt?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/maven.xml

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/maven.xml?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/project.xml

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/project.xml?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/conf/log4j.properties

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/conf/log4j.properties?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/conf/settings.properties

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/conf/settings.properties?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/Config.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/Config.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/Constants.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/Constants.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/Resources.properties

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/Resources.properties?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/BaseAction.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/BaseAction.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewLogBodyAction.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewLogBodyAction.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewLogFrameAction.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewLogFrameAction.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewLogHeaderAction.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewLogHeaderAction.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewSummaryAction.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/action/ViewSummaryAction.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/dto/ProjectDTO.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/dto/ProjectDTO.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/form/BaseDynaActionForm.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/form/BaseDynaActionForm.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/form/LoginForm.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/form/LoginForm.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/util/Project.java

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/util/Project.java?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.xml

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.xml?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld/struts-bean-el.tld

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld/struts-bean-el.tld?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld/struts-html-el.tld

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld/struts-html-el.tld?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld/struts-logic-el.tld

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/WEB-INF/tld/struts-logic-el.tld?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/commandForm.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/commandForm.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/index.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/index.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/loginForm.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/loginForm.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/summary.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/summary.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/viewlog_body.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/viewlog_body.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/viewlog_header.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/viewlog_header.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/welcome.html

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/welcome.html?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/welcome.local.html

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/welcome.local.html?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common/footer.jsp

  	<<Binary file>>

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common/header.jsp

  	<<Binary file>>

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common/layout.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common/layout.jsp?rev=1.1

  1.1                  xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common/viewlog_frame.jsp

  http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/src/webapp/common/viewlog_frame.jsp?rev=1.1

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> For me it is very much easier to use maven, especially since it inforces good
> common practices for directory structure and the like.  Maven was designed to
> replace ant where similar build procedures were common.
>
> Also, this webapp will be used by few people and built by even less, so I don't
> think it's that big of an issue.  If you want to write an ant build file after
> the webapp stabalizes a bit, I'll start using that instead of maven.

Ok then, agreed.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
> > Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>:
> >>Just one note: do we really want to have a dependency on Maven, since we
> >>already use Ant?
> >>
> > Maven makes it really easy to build projects because it has targets for
> war:war,
> > war:webapp, clean, dist, compile, and many others built-in.  It also will
> > download dependencies automatically, which means we don't have to keep a
> /lib
> > directory in CVS.
>
> They are not much to put in an Ant buildfile. I don't think we should
> use yet another build system just because it's a bit convenient to have
> a couple of targets that are trivial to do in Ant anyway.

For me it is very much easier to use maven, especially since it inforces good
common practices for directory structure and the like.  Maven was designed to
replace ant where similar build procedures were common.

Also, this webapp will be used by few people and built by even less, so I don't
think it's that big of an issue.  If you want to write an ant build file after
the webapp stabalizes a bit, I'll start using that instead of maven.  However
I'd prefer not to.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> They are not much to put in an Ant buildfile. I don't think we should
>> use yet another build system just because it's a bit convenient to
>> have a couple of targets that are trivial to do in Ant anyway.
>
> Don't underestimate the repositorz functionality. It allows easy
> sharing of common jars which is really nice for people working
> with a number of apache projects. Keeping track of dependencies
> is much less painful.

I don't. In fact I am the Incubator Mentor of Depot, which is a project
that does exactly just that.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> They are not much to put in an Ant buildfile. I don't think we should
> use yet another build system just because it's a bit convenient to have
> a couple of targets that are trivial to do in Ant anyway.

Don't underestimate the repositorz functionality. It allows easy
sharing of common jars which is really nice for people working
with a number of apache projects. Keeping track of dependencies
is much less painful.
Also, the Maven project file is more of a project description
rather than a build description.

J.Pietschmann

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.