Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by shymon <sh...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2009/12/10 00:53:54 UTC

Locale switcher and exception reporter

I have an Error page which implements ExceptionReporter and intercepts all
exceptions thrown by other pages. As every other page in my app, Error page
contains locale switcher - user should be able to change language of
displayed error message. (Locale switcher is part of Layout component).

In examples on tapestry page, 'message' variable is persistent with FLASH
strategy. But with this strategy error message doesn't survive locale change
which is quite obvious because locale switcher links, which are defined this
way:

# ${locale.language}

link to their containing page which is Error page, not the page which throws
exception.

Is there any method to handle exceptions with single Error page allowing
user to change language of error message?