Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2022/12/13 18:05:11 UTC

Tomcat 10.1 Release Manager

All (mostly markt),

I'd like to volunteer to get ready to become the Tomcat 10.1 release
manager. My plan would be to start performing all of the necessary steps
except for anything which results in a public change (e.g. commits,
Maven pushes, etc.) in January with the expectation that I could
properly take-over soon after that.

That would leave Mark available to RM for Tomcat 11, Migration Tool, and
tcnative, Rémy RM for Tomcat 9 and my RM for Tomcat 10.1 and 8.5.

I have a vested interest in Tomcat 8.5 as my production infrastructure
runs on it, and I'll be migrating towards 10.1 and skipping Tomcat 9,
and I'm happy to transition to 10.1 and continue with 8.5. as well.

-chris

Re: Tomcat 10.1 Release Manager

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> Mark,
>
> On 12/13/22 13:19, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Sounds good to me.
>>
>> I'm not sure there are many (any?) steps that don't result in a public
>> facing change. What sort of changes were you thinking of?
>
> Oh, the intent was to basically shadow you as you do the "real" release
> in case I get tripped-up on something. I also need to have a running
> application in it before I feel comfortable voting on the release ;)

Got it. Makes sense. Should be identical to the 8.5.x release process -
just a different version number in the tag but definitely worth
following along to find out all the things I've forgotten to document.

Mark

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.