Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Juan <ve...@htmlspider.com.br> on 2002/06/09 20:01:19 UTC

JasperException

Hello,

I'm trying to use a jsp page with a JavaBean and getting the following error:
"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP"

The jsp page is very simple:
<head>
   <title>TEST PAGE</title>
</head>
   <jsp:useBean is="usr" class="study.User" />
   <%= usr.getId() %>

The funny thing is that I can use this code within W2K, but it don't works
under WinXP. I have a similar problem to access JDBC. It works at W2K but
don't at WinXP. I looked at all configurations trying to find something
different but all seems equal in both systems (I mean the environment
variables).

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Juan José Velázquez Garcia
Web Development
www.htmlspider.com.br

AW: JasperException

Posted by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de>.

> I'm trying to use a jsp page with a JavaBean and getting the
> following error:
> "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP"
>
> The jsp page is very simple:
> <head>
>    <title>TEST PAGE</title>
> </head>
>    <jsp:useBean is="usr" class="study.User" />
                  ^^^^ should be id (a typo in your mail or your
application?)