Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Amalan, S" <So...@comverse.com> on 2006/03/28 07:20:30 UTC

[users@httpd] making Apache work with WebLogic

Hi!

I am trying to make Apache work with WebLogic so that Apache functions
like a proxy webserver which forwards the requests back and forth
between a user and the WebLogic Web/App Server.

I downloaded version 2.0.55 and followed the instructions at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/install.html and the Test described on
that page succeeded.

I have WebLogic successfully working on a separate machine. So, all I
had to do was place the WebLogic Plug-in on the Apache server correctly
to make Apache forward the requests to WebLogic.

Though you may not be interested, I followed instructions at
http://edocs.beasys.com/wls/docs81/plugins/apache.html#125129 to install
the plug-in as a Dynamic Shared Object (meaning I didn't have to
recompile Apache; it will pick it up at runtime).

The only configuration I had to make to Apache's
APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf file was:
-----begin------
LoadModule weblogic_module   modules/mod_wl128_20.so

Listen 10.8.32.16:1180

# adding new section for WebLogic information
<IfModule mod_wl128_20.so>
  WebLogicHost 10.8.32.26
  WebLogicPort 7013
</IfModule>
-----end------

The other settings remained as set during the Apache installation.

However, when I start Apache (apachectl start), I get an error message
in the logs/error_log file:

[Mon Mar 27 22:06:29 2006] [crit] (13)Permission denied: mod_weblogic:
Parent could not create lock
Configuration Failed

What does this mean?

I have done the following:

- Made sure the logs directory has full permissions (777)
- checked to see and compare the files in the logs directory between
having the "LoadModule weblogic" line in the httpd.conf file and having
it blocked.  This single line is making the difference between Apache
running and not running.

When LoadModule is blocked (and therefore Apache is running fine), I
have the following files in the logs dir:

	4096 Mar 27 15:26 .
	4096 Mar 24 16:27 ..
	   0 Mar 27 15:26 .nfsB75A
	 303 Mar 27 12:53 access_log
	1273 Mar 27 15:26 error_log
	   6 Mar 27 15:26 httpd.pid

When LoadModule is not blocked (and Apache fails to start), the logs dir
contains just the following:
	access_log
	error_log
	(and the dot files)

Can someone help determine the cause of the error message reported
earlier?

Thanks.
Amalan

Re: [users@httpd] making Apache work with WebLogic

Posted by Alexander Lazic <al...@none.at>.
Hi,

On Mon 27.03.2006 22:20, Amalan, S wrote:

>I am trying to make Apache work with WebLogic so that Apache functions
>like a proxy webserver which forwards the requests back and forth
>between a user and the WebLogic Web/App Server.

On which OS (Sun/Linux/...)?

>The only configuration I had to make to Apache's
>APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf file was:
>LoadModule weblogic_module   modules/mod_wl128_20.so
>
>Listen 10.8.32.16:1180
>
># adding new section for WebLogic information
><IfModule mod_wl128_20.so>
>  WebLogicHost 10.8.32.26
>  WebLogicPort 7013
></IfModule>
>
>The other settings remained as set during the Apache installation.
>
>However, when I start Apache (apachectl start), I get an error message
>in the logs/error_log file:
>
>[Mon Mar 27 22:06:29 2006] [crit] (13)Permission denied: mod_weblogic:
>Parent could not create lock
>Configuration Failed
>
>What does this mean?

Have you try to look with strace/truss/... on which 'file' you get this
error?

Regards

Aleks