Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by sl...@apache.org on 2001/03/22 07:38:31 UTC

Re: os-solaris/6789: Child processes die with a Bus Error when trying to index directories with "large" (over 1mb) files.

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

Synopsis: Child processes die with a Bus Error when trying to index directories with "large" (over 1mb) files.

State-Changed-From-To: feedback-open
State-Changed-By: slive
State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 21 22:38:31 PST 2001
State-Changed-Why:

I'm changing this back to "open" because the reporter
responded and I have seen other similar reports.
There does seem to be a problem with mod_autoindex
under solaris with very large files.

Posted by Hogan Whittall <ho...@rubicon.extremejeep.com>.
On a side note, I did notice it has no problem indexing a directory with a
single, 200+mb file in it.  I haven't taken the time yet to see exactly
what size it starts working again, but it very clearly breaks right at
1000bytes.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:38:31AM -0000, slive@apache.org wrote:
> [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, you need]
> [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]
> [subject line starts with the report component and number, with ]
> [or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as "general/1098:" or      ]
> ["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match this       ]
> [pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.  The       ]
> ["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of messages from  ]
> [the database automatically because of the potential for mail   ]
> [loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request from a  ]
> [developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!     ]
>

> Synopsis: Child processes die with a Bus Error when trying to index directories with "large" (over 1mb) files.
>
> State-Changed-From-To: feedback-open
> State-Changed-By: slive
> State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 21 22:38:31 PST 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> I'm changing this back to "open" because the reporter
> responded and I have seen other similar reports.
> There does seem to be a problem with mod_autoindex
> under solaris with very large files.

Hogan Whittall