Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Márcio Moraes <mm...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 21:26:48 UTC

using resources from a jar file

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if there is some way to extract a resource from a jar file

For example:

I have a jar file with some XMLs files inside it.

When my app is packaged i wanna to extract the XMLs files from the
dependency (jar file) to target/classes

I wrote a plugin to do it for me, but if there is a native way to do it will
be better.

Regards,

Márcio Moraes.

Re: using resources from a jar file

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Check dependency:unpack.

Wayne

Posted by Insitu <ab...@oqube.com>.
Hello,
If you extract your XML files into target/classes, this may mean that
you want to load them through your classpath loading mechanism. You
could use the jars as is in your final assembly/application,adding
them to your loaded classpath. That could simplify your pom.

But there may be other reasons I am not aware of :)

My 50 cts
--
Arnaud Bailly, PhD
OQube - Software Engineering