Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/05/17 16:22:25 UTC

Need QA (test) volunteers on Mac

It looks like the QA team is making great progress with testing Apache
OpenOffice 4.0 on Windows.  But they need more help on Mac.  Another
few volunteers would make a big difference here.

We're looking for people who can spend a few hours over the next week
or two to run specific, pre-defined test cases their Mac, and to enter
Bugzilla issues for any failed test cases.  This is a nice, gentle
introduction to formal QA.

No previous experience with QA is necessary, though good familiarity
with OpenOffice from a user perspective is recommended.

If you can help, please send a note to the QA mailing list at:
qa@openoffice.apache.org

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: Need QA (test) volunteers on Mac

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 17/05/2013 Vanita Washington wrote:
> I am a new volunteer.  I would love to volunteer but I am stuck on the build.  I am using a mac mini.

Hi Vanita, to help with QA you don't need to build OpenOffice: we test
the pre-built versions, and most of our QA volunteers never built
OpenOffice themselves.

All you need to help with QA is to install the "Mac OS" version listed at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets

Then please contact the QA mailing list to inform them that you are
available to help:

   Andrea.

Re: Need QA (test) volunteers on Mac

Posted by Vanita Washington <va...@streamsofwatermm.com>.
Hi,

I am a new volunteer.  I would love to volunteer but I am stuck on the build.  I am using a mac mini.

Thanks,

Vanita

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Vanita C. Washington <
vanitacw@streamsofwatermm.com> wrote:

> I will work on my build this weekend because I am interesting in doing QA
> and development on the Mac.

Vanita,

Great that you want to help out with Mac version.

You should be able to do QA work with the development snapshot build of Mac
as well.

See:

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> > It looks like the QA team is making great progress with testing Apache
> > OpenOffice 4.0 on Windows.  But they need more help on Mac.  Another
> > few volunteers would make a big difference here.
> >
> > We're looking for people who can spend a few hours over the next week
> > or two to run specific, pre-defined test cases their Mac, and to enter
> > Bugzilla issues for any failed test cases.  This is a nice, gentle
> > introduction to formal QA.
> >
> > No previous experience with QA is necessary, though good familiarity
> > with OpenOffice from a user perspective is recommended.
> >
> > If you can help, please send a note to the QA mailing list at:
> > qa@openoffice.apache.org
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -Rob

MzK

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
 The courage to change the things I can,
 And wisdom to know the difference."
       -- "The Serenity Prayer", adapted from Reinhold Niebuhr

Re: Need QA (test) volunteers on Mac

Posted by "Vanita C. Washington" <va...@streamsofwatermm.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
I can help on linux. I am using Ubuntu 11.1.   This machine has
libreoffice. I tried to install AOO, but could not. This issue should be
addressed, But I can install in XP - windows and test

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: Need QA (test) volunteers on Mac

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
[Encaminhado]

Estamos precisando de usuários do S.O Mac que estejam interessados em
ser voluntários de testes a nova versão do 4.0. :-)

                                Albino

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com>.
Maybe ask also recent Mac bug reporters in bugzilla.
If they took the time to report a bug maybe they can run a few test cases.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
Dear Luis,

I have created an Id of vkadal at the link provided by you

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Posted by Vanita Washington <va...@streamsofwatermm.com>.
Hi,

I received the email with the test cases assigned to me.  It went to Spam.

Thanks,

Vanita

Posted by Vanita Washington <va...@streamsofwatermm.com>.
Hi,