Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Maarten Coene <Ma...@toughguy.net> on 2004/06/24 14:11:57 UTC

dom4j project-descriptor clean up

Hi,

I was taking a look at the dom4j gump descriptor and compared it to the
maven project.xml descriptor of dom4j, and I noticed some old
dependencies that are no longer required by dom4j.

I think the following projects can be removed from the dom4j descriptor
- xml-fop
- xmldb
- tranquilo (is this the same as the xsdlib project ????)
- msv (in fact, dom4j only need the xsdlib.jar, not msv.jar)
- ant (or is this needed by gump to execute the build.xml file?)

In addition, the following dependencies should be added to the project
descriptor:
- xsdlib
- xml-apis

regards,
Maarten

Re: dom4j project-descriptor clean up

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I will look into it.

Builds fine without them.

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: dom4j project-descriptor clean up

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Maarten Coene <Ma...@toughguy.net> wrote:

> I was taking a look at the dom4j gump descriptor and compared it to
> the maven project.xml descriptor of dom4j, and I noticed some old
> dependencies that are no longer required by dom4j.

I will look into it.

Gump uses Ant to build dom4j, not Maven - so Ant really is required.

Stefan