Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/27 05:31:31 UTC

Does anyone know what the transient attribute is for?

There is a "transient" attirbute being specified in the myfaces
distribution.  I can't really figure out what its being used for.
>From what I can tell its value is being added to the components
property map but its never being accessed.  Furthermore, this
attribute is incorrectly listed in the TLD of every *standard* jsf
component as well as the extended ones (see MYFACES-85).

Maybe some of the original myfaces folks remember who added this and
why?  I think we might want to consider dumping transient completely
if we can't prove its actually being used by anything.

sean

Re: Does anyone know what the transient attribute is for?

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
OK I will remove it via a patch when I get a chance.  I was pretty
sure it was safe to do so when I couldn't find the attributes being
referenced anywhere.

Thanks,

sean

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.