Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Damien Boucquey <db...@eft.be> on 2001/04/27 13:49:52 UTC

Context/Session notion for Apache SOAP methods

Hi all,

I am quite new to SOAP.
I have installed Apache/Tomcat/SOAP and still have some interrogations about
the architecture.

First Point:
how can we keep some context information between procedure calls (context,
database connection, ...) ?  I saw the Scope field in the method deploy
form. This is probably the point, but how does it work and what mean the
different values ?

Second point:
I want to develop a LAN application that may be deployed on the internet
later, and found SOAP a good choice.  When I call one of the sample methods,
I always get the following message:
"Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'xsd'" . Since nobody else seems to get
the message I wondered if in some point the XML parser was not able to refer
to the XML namespace URI, and that for some reason my machine was unable to
connect to the URI.  Does the parser actually do that ?  This would mean
that a LAN deployment would mandatorily require an Internet access...  And
what about the performances ?  I cannot believe that ?

Could anybody answer those questions ?

Thanks,

D+

Note: This message and its attachements have been checked for viruses by InterScan VirusWall V3.4