Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> on 2004/04/22 17:30:24 UTC

SA Plugin

I'm not finding it in the documentation anywhere...how do I implement
the URIDNSBL plugin for 3.0?

 Matt

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com>.
On Thursday, April 22, 2004 @ 11:20:18 AM [-0700], Daniel Quinlan wrote:

> It looks like you got rather polite and accurate responses to me.

> ------- start of cut text --------------
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:04:34 -0700 Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> wrote:

>> Quick question...how does one enable a plugin for spamassassin? I am
>> unable to find it anywhere in the documentation.

> Plugins won't make their official appearance until SA 3.x which is very
> loosely scheduled to come out in ~10-12 weeks. You'll need bleeding-edge
> code from the SVN repository if you're really curious.

> -- Bob
> ------- end ----------------------------

I guess "fired upon" was a bit harsh. I read from this response that I
should take my plugin questions to the list that supports the
"bleeding-edge" code. Also, Theo noted the same in a response to one
of my other questions last week.

> ------- start of cut text --------------

>> > Plugins won't make their official appearance until SA 3.x which is very
>> > loosely scheduled to come out in ~10-12 weeks. You'll need bleeding-edge
>> > code from the SVN repository if you're really curious.
>>
>> Isn't there a SpamCop URI plugin for SA 2.63?

> Yes and no; it's more a patch than a plugin.

> -- Bob
> ------- end ----------------------------

> ------- start of cut text --------------

>> > Plugins won't make their official appearance until SA 3.x which is very
>> > loosely scheduled to come out in ~10-12 weeks. You'll need bleeding-edge
>> > code from the SVN repository if you're really curious.
>>
>> Isn't there a SpamCop URI plugin for SA 2.63?

> its more a patch than a real plugin. have a look here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopuri/
> http://www.surbl.org/quickstart.html

I looked at both. I'm working with 3.0. Neither of these tell me if
it's something that is compiled during the build or if it's something
that I need to enable post-install.

I've re-posted my question to the users list.

--
Matt

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> writes:

> I wish. I got fired upon when I asked about SA 3.0 a few weeks back
> and was told to head over to this list.

It looks like you got rather polite and accurate responses to me.

------- start of cut text --------------
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:04:34 -0700 Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> wrote:

> Quick question...how does one enable a plugin for spamassassin? I am
> unable to find it anywhere in the documentation.

Plugins won't make their official appearance until SA 3.x which is very
loosely scheduled to come out in ~10-12 weeks. You'll need bleeding-edge
code from the SVN repository if you're really curious.

-- Bob
------- end ----------------------------

------- start of cut text --------------
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:11:51 -0700 Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 22, 2004 @ 8:08:11 AM [-0700], Bob Apthorpe wrote:
>
> >> Quick question...how does one enable a plugin for spamassassin? I am
> >> unable to find it anywhere in the documentation.
>
> > Plugins won't make their official appearance until SA 3.x which is very
> > loosely scheduled to come out in ~10-12 weeks. You'll need bleeding-edge
> > code from the SVN repository if you're really curious.
>
> Isn't there a SpamCop URI plugin for SA 2.63?

Yes and no; it's more a patch than a plugin.

-- Bob
------- end ----------------------------

------- start of cut text --------------
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Matt Thoene wrote:

> On Thursday, April 22, 2004 @ 8:08:11 AM [-0700], Bob Apthorpe wrote:
>
> >> Quick question...how does one enable a plugin for spamassassin? I am
> >> unable to find it anywhere in the documentation.
>
> > Plugins won't make their official appearance until SA 3.x which is very
> > loosely scheduled to come out in ~10-12 weeks. You'll need bleeding-edge
> > code from the SVN repository if you're really curious.
>
> Isn't there a SpamCop URI plugin for SA 2.63?

its more a patch than a real plugin. have a look here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopuri/
http://www.surbl.org/quickstart.html

regards,
Matthias
------- end ----------------------------

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/    and open source consulting

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com>.
On Thursday, April 22, 2004 @ 11:07:50 AM [-0700], Daniel Quinlan wrote:

> Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> writes:

>> Thank you very much for this. However, I am by no means a programmer.
>> How do I implement it? Was it already done for me during the make? Do
>> I need to add "package PlugIn;" to something somewhere?

> This is really a question for the spamassassin-users mailing list.  If
> you ask over there, someone will be able to help you out.  This list is
> for development only.

> Daniel

I wish. I got fired upon when I asked about SA 3.0 a few weeks back
and was told to head over to this list.

I'll just work it out on my own I guess.

--
Matt

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com>.

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:33:09AM -0500, Michael Parker wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:30:24AM -0700, Matt Thoene wrote:
> > I'm not finding it in the documentation anywhere...how do I implement
> > the URIDNSBL plugin for 3.0?
>
> perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin

Or better yet:
perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

Michael

Re: SA Plugin

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.