Posted to architecture@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2014/02/25 14:43:58 UTC

Re: Introduction to Airavata Dev List

Welcome onboard Vivek.

Airavata started as a research project and is a by-product of few PhD dissertations who are on the architecture list. To keep us focused on applying the software to diverse scientific disciplines, we intentionally do not want to be on the technology forefront but rather pick what works and stand behind what happens in the main stream industry. So we greatly appreciate all the discussions on the architecture lists and will be great to see you hangout there as well.

The website documentation is very cluttered and we are trying to revamp it, meanwhile, feel free to ask any questions. As with any open source project, the first  contributions start with complaining in a constructive way.

Suresh