Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by dp...@comcast.net on 2005/09/18 05:05:07 UTC

Using Luke with a Nutch index... FileNotFoundException

Hello,

I'm trying to use Luke with an index created by running the nutch crawl command and running into problems. I get the following exception when I point to the index directory (crawl.test ):

C:\nutch\lucene-contrib\luke>java -jar lukeall.jar

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@C:\nutch\nutch-0.7\crawl.test
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\nutch\nutch-0.7\crawl.test\segments (Access is denied)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java :212)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:393)

I'm new to nutch and lucene, so it's probably likely that I'm doing something wrong or overlooking something, but I did verify that there is a segments directory and that it has stuff in it. There were originally 3 subdirectories in the segments directory and I tried merging them using 'nutch mergesegs', but that didn't seem to help anything either.

I also tried using LIMO too, and got the same error message.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

-jim

Re: Using Luke with a Nutch index... FileNotFoundException

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
I use LukeAll to browse to the index/ subdirectory
within a segment, then click open button in LukeAll,
it works well,

Michael Ji,

http://mail.yahoo.com