Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Vicent Mas <uv...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 09:45:41 UTC

Customising skin configuration DTD [Was: More than one copyright notice]

Hi,

I have done it by customising:

- the skin configuration DTD
- the site-2-xhtml stylesheet of the pelt skin

The customisation consists basically in adding three new elements to
the DTD (extra-year, extra-vendor and extra-copyright-link) and adding
a template for processing them in site-2-xhtml.xsl.

However as I've no very  much experience neither with DTDs nor XSL
I've done it in a rough way. In particular I've not been able to
customise the DTD following the directions of the XML Validation
document (and its references) in the Forrest website. What I've done
is to copy the original DTD in a new file, edit the root element to
include the new elements I wanted to add and declare these elements.
Then I've added the new dtd to my catalog and tested that everything
works as expected.

Please, could somebody tell me how to add a new element to the DTD in
a more appropriate way?

Thanks in advance

Vicent

--
Share what you know, learn what you don't.