Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Ordway, Ryan" <Ry...@oregonstate.edu> on 2005/09/15 01:20:43 UTC

NULL pointer exception

	When attempting to do a search through the webapp,
I'm getting a NULL pointer exception. I'm not talking
to Tomcat directly, I'm using mod_jk to connect Apache to
Tomcat. I noticed that Nutch is trying to reference /search.jsp,
but I've got the webapp JkMount'ed as /nutch/, so the URL
should be /nutch/search.jsp. The jsp's seem to reference things
in different ways, in some cases they will reference /search.jsp
and sometimes ../search.jsp. Is this how it's supposed to be?
Could this be the source of my NULL pointer exceptions?

	Here is my exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:372)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

	FYI, I've got Apache rewriting the /*.jsp URLs to /nutch/*.jsp,
so that may be causing a problem too...

	Thanks,

	Ryan

--
Ryan Ordway
Unix Systems Administrator            E-mail:

Re: NULL pointer exception

Posted by Earl Cahill <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Did you start in the directory where the index
resides?  Like literally cd to where the index is and
then start from there?  Seems like I might have been
getting at least a similar error and that helped me.
I would also suggest trying just straight up tomcat if
possible, just to see if you can get it going at all
first.

Good luck!
Earl

--- "Ordway, Ryan" <Ry...@oregonstate.edu>