Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Don Stewart <Do...@corizon.com> on 2006/10/17 16:56:37 UTC

W3C SVG Schema issues

Hi.

I an trying to generate classes to manipulate the W3C SVG file format.
I have the schemas but continue to have issues trying to get them to
compile.

I get errors such as:-

SVG.xsd:344:5: error: src-attribute.3.2: Attribute reference cannot also
specify type.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can cimpile these schema.

Many Thanks

Don

Re: W3C SVG Schema issues

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
Actually, the Schema is indeed invalid! Simply click on
www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#src-attribute and look at rule 3.2 It clearly
states that if "ref" is present, then "type" must be absent, which is
not the case in the Schema in question. SVG schemas are pretty
well-known and src-attribute.3.2 is a pretty basic rule, so I am
surprised this slipped by (may be courtesy of XMLSpy....?). IMO somebody
should point this out to the authors, in the meantime I am sure earlier
versions of this Schema worked fine.

Thanks,
Radu

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 15:56 +0100, Don Stewart wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I an trying to generate classes to manipulate the W3C SVG file format.
> I have the schemas but continue to have issues trying to get them to
> compile.
>
> I get errors such as:-
>
> SVG.xsd:344:5: error: src-attribute.3.2: Attribute reference cannot
> also specify type.
>

> Does anyone have any ideas how I can cimpile these schema.
> Many Thanks
>
> Don

by email and then delete it.