Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Theresa Jayne Forster <th...@inbrand.co.uk> on 2011/05/10 10:29:18 UTC

How to get fonts loaded programatically?

I have been trying to get fonts to load programmatically using the latest
FOP

To instantiate the factory I do the following

            private static final  FopFactory fopFactory =
FopFactory.newInstance();

            fopFactory.setUserConfig(new File("C:/myfiles/fopconfig.xml"));

            fopFactory.setTargetResolution(300);

then I make the Fop and use it.

The config file has 2 separate sections,

1.       Fonts section as per the old system (I copied it from our old
setup)

2.       A renderer section for PDF telling it to use autodetect.

But I am not seeing anything in the logs except the standard 14. and these
errors.

2011-05-09 16:28:06,551 [http-8080-1] WARN  org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent
- Font "HelveticaNeue,normal,400" not found. Substituting with
"any,normal,400".

2011-05-09 16:28:06,822 [http-8080-1] WARN  org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent
- Font "AGaramond,normal,700" not found. Substituting with "any,normal,700".

2011-05-09 16:28:06,824 [http-8080-1] WARN  org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent
- Font "HelveticaNeue,normal,700" not found. Substituting with
"any,normal,700".

Any advise would be helpful.

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster

Senior Software Developer

 <ma...@inbrand.co.uk> theresa@inbrand.co.uk
 <http://www.inbrand.co.uk/> www.inbrand.co.uk

Tel: 01483 266500

IMPORTANT NOTE: This transmission has been sent by or on behalf of In Brand
Software Ltd. The information in this transmission is for the intended
addressee only and is confidential to that intended addressee. If either you
know or you ought reasonably to conclude that you are not, or may not be,
the intended addressee, you are hereby given notice that any unauthorised
dissemination or copying of this transmission and any disclosure or use of
the information
transmitted is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. In such circumstances
we ask for your assistance in notifying us immediately by e-mail, telephone
or letter.

InBrand Software Ltd Registered in England No. 5131004 Registered Office:
The Old Barn, Ewhurst Road, Cranleigh GU6 7EF

RE: How to get fonts loaded programatically?

Posted by Theresa Jayne Forster <th...@inbrand.co.uk>.
I already worked that out, the original file was from 0.23 or there abouts,
I have updated now, but I am getting some strange issues now with the font
in the PDF showing incorrectly

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster

Senior Software Developer