Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Ron Ohmer <ro...@aisconsulting.net> on 2005/03/22 17:41:07 UTC

RE: CVS Head problem - Resolution

Ok, let me explain my methodolgy first, and it will explain why I am not stoopid ( :-) ):

1. Ran ant (My version 1.6.2, current release of ant-contrib and cpptasks) - Ran into various problems (Mainly cpptasks was out of date).
2. Updated cpptasks, ant, and ant-contrib to the current cvs head of each (All built successfully, bonus!)
3. Ran ant against CVS-Head of log4cxx and ran into all sorts of issues.  Java-NullPointer, etc.

Gave it some thought, installed CVS-Head of cpptasks and ant-contrib in my working 1.6.2 Ant build.

POOF!

log4cxx- Built like a champ!  (I left out the portion of being in Java hell, with about 10 different SDK implementations installed, and playing hide and go seek with the active one...  Reminds me, Sun likes to make Java people insane, eh?)

So, in conclusion, on Winders XP (I assume all flavors, but it has not been tested) here is the current functioning ant environment:

1. Ant 1.6.2 (Latest Release)
2. cpptasks - (Yesterdays 03/21/05) CVS head (I assume any date later than that will work, but I am trying to be exact here)
3. Ant-Contrib - (Again 03/21/05) CVS Head
4. JSDK 1.6.0

Hope this helps the rest of you guys.