Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ma...@quick.co.jp on 2002/12/02 13:44:39 UTC

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking javax/xml/transform/Source class

Hello, I am a newbie to Axis.

I developed my first WebService class and deployed it. Soon I encountered
the following exception.

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
javax/xml/transform/Source class
     at org.apache.axis.Message.setup(Message.java:342)
     at org.apache.axis.Message.<init>(Message.java:237)
     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:660)
     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:335)
     ..... continue..

I checked my compile classpath, %CATALINA_HOME%/axis/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar,
%CALTALINA_HOME%/common/lib/*.jar, %CATALINA_HOME%/server/lib/*.jar, and it
seems the only jar which has the javax/xml/transform/Source class is the
%CATALINA_HOME%/axis/WEB-INF/lib/jaxrpc.jar. The jaxprc.jar is the one
bundled withing the Axis1.0 distribution.

I wonder where to look at more.

I use the Axis1.0 binary distribution in Tomcat4.1.3, JDK1.3.1_05_b02,
Windows2000.

     Kazuaki Matsuhashi
     QUICK Corp,
     Japan