Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Uddhav Shirname <ud...@persistent.co.in> on 2003/03/12 10:27:09 UTC

Unable to authenticate using JDBCRealm

Hi,
   I have unencrypted passowords stored in database. I want users to be
authenticated using DIGEST scheme specified in web.xml. I am unable to do
this. Has anyone been able to succefully use JDBCRealm for DIGEST
authnenticatoin?(BASIC authn with JDBCRealm works fine). I am using Tomcat
4.1.18. Follwing are my configuration settings.

  server.xml:
  ----------
      <Realm
         className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
         debug="99"
         driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
         connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@lohgad:1521:dsoft"
         connectionName="uddhav"
         connectionPassword="uddhav"
         userTable="tab_users"
         userNameCol="user_name"
         userCredCol="user_pass"
         userRoleTable="tab_user_roles"
         roleNameCol="role_name" />

   web.xml:
   ---------
<login-config>
        <auth-method>DIGEST</auth-method>
        <realm-name>OnJava Application</realm-name>
    </login-config>

Thanks,
Uddhav