Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2010/11/11 21:43:05 UTC

[VOTE] 0.6.8 RC1

We had a regression in the way of CASSANDRA-1719[1] make its way into
the last release. With that fixed now, I'd like to propose the following
artifacts for 0.6.8.

SVN:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.6@r1034097
0.6.8 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans

I'd be happy to make an exception here and shorten the voting period to
expedite this release (say 24 hours?), but only if there is consensus.
I don't want anyone to feel they weren't given enough time to lodge a
veto.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1719
[2]: http://goo.gl/ssWSW (CHANGES.txt)

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE] 0.6.8 RC1

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@gmail.com>.
-1

1722 was just backported to the 0.6 branch (r1034172): I think we'll need to
reroll... sorry!
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1722>

Re: [VOTE] 0.6.8 RC1

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.6.8 RC1

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
For the record, the regression was caused by 1622, noticed in testing
for 1719, and fixed in 1727. :)

+1 on the release from me, and I'm okay with expediting it.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: [VOTE] 0.6.8 RC1

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> SVN:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.6@r1034097
> 0.6.8 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans

+1

> I'd be happy to make an exception here and shorten the voting period to
> expedite this release (say 24 hours?), but only if there is consensus.
> I don't want anyone to feel they weren't given enough time to lodge a
> veto.

+1 to expediting.

-Brandon