Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/10/02 04:49:42 UTC

Beans

1:

At FINE log traffic, when I do detailed HTTP configuration: I get this
buried on the bottom of a stack trace. Is it important?

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
org/apache/cxf/transports/http_jetty/configuration/JettyHTTPServerEngine
FactoryConfigType$JaxbAccessP8?
	... 62 more

2:

I'm apparently pretty confused by how CXF and spring coexist. When is an
app supposed to import the various CXF files from META-INF, and when
does CXF decide to look for cxf.xml for itself, instead? The doc only
discusses the later case.

RE: Beans

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Nope, cxf-2.0.2-incubator.jar. None of the smaller jars.

I do see two copies of commons-logging. That's another story altogether.

What
> > > we used in cxf should be 6.1.5. I am not sure if it's the root
cause
> > > of your problem, but we should avoid this.
> > >
> > > Freeman

> > this

org/apache/cxf/transports/http_jetty/configuration/JettyHTTPServerEngine
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:465)

Re: Beans

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Benson,

RE: Beans

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Freeman,

RE: Beans

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Hmm. Let me see how I managed to screw that up.

Re: Beans

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benson,

Re: Beans

Posted by Willem2 <ni...@iona.com>.
For Question 1.
 I doubt it could be JAXB logging issue. I did not investigate it yet, maybe
I am totally wrong.

For Question2.
 You can find the detail code in the SpringBusFactory[1]. Which will create
an Application context with the includeDefaults flage. If the Application
context already has the cxf bus , the includeDefualts will be set with
false, if else the includeDefaults will be set with true . If the
includeDefaults is true, CXF will load the core and all the extensions
Spring context files.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/core/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/bus/spring/SpringBusFactory.java

Willem.