Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Allan Ditzel <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/14 20:23:15 UTC

release:branch in batch mode doesn't seem to accept branch version values

Hi,

I'm trying to make a branch from a tag in batch mode using the release
plugin. The pom in the tag has its version set to 0.2.0. I would like for
the branch version to be 0.2.1-SNAPSHOT, however when I use the plugin it
always sets the branch version to 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT. However, in interactive
mode I'm able to create the branch correctly. Here is the command I am
executing:

mvn -B release:branch -DbranchName=testBranch-0.2.X
-DupdateBranchVersions=true -DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=false
-Dproject.rel.test.release_management:test-project=0.2.1 -Ptestprofile

I have also tried:

mvn -B release:branch -DbranchName=testBranch-0.2.X
-DupdateBranchVersions=true -DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=false
-Dproject.dev.test.release_management:test-project=0.2.1 -Ptestprofile

and

mvn -B release:branch -DbranchName=testBranch-0.2.X
-DupdateBranchVersions=true -DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=false
-Dproject.dev.test.release_management:test-project=0.2.1-SNAPSHOT
-Ptestprofile

They all yield a pom in the branch with its version set to 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Allan

Re: release:branch in batch mode doesn't seem to accept branch version values

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
That recipe never occured to me. I just try to run it as I'd run the release
side of thing, and the results were chaotic.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
MRELEASE-484 and 485 say that I was using 2.0-beta-10 when I gave up.

Posted by Matt Milliss <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Allan Ditzel <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.