Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/10/22 15:51:02 UTC

Re[2]: struts example

Hi Sara,

> This is the error I got with a war file and without it (expanded) , as you
> see the action package wasn't created at all (the MESSAGE too):

You need to register a startup class to use WLS with Struts. The startup
class has to add (the missing) support for load-on-startup, which is needed
for Struts.

Please have a look at "RE: struts and weblogic" from "Erik Pearson"
<er...@cariboulake.com> posted on 10/13/2000 to this list. It contains the
necessary java source code.

Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)

struts example on Solaris

Posted by Lori M Olson <lo...@digitaloilfield.com>.
This is very confusing.

Using Erik's handy hack, I have managed to get Struts working on my home PC,
Windows 2000, with Weblogic 5.1 SP6 and JDK 1.2.2.

Now if I take the exact same binary distribution of Struts, and identical
versions of the xerces.jar/xalan.jar files, and a copy of the
WebAppStartup.class (which resides in /weblogic/classes) and attempt to
deploy at work, on a Solaris machine, with Weblogic 5.1 SP6 and JDK 1.2.2,
it doesn't work, and I get the dreaded "ClassCastException".

I have attached files which show the configuration of the working version,
and it's output to the weblogic.log file, and the configuration of the
non-working version, and it's output to the log file.  The configurations
files are output from the Weblogic console, so may be a little strange to
read, but they have all the classpath info.

If anyone has experience getting this stuff working on a Solaris box, would
you please take a look and see what the heck could be the problem.

Thanks in advance for looking.

Lori Olson