Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Pringler <pr...@gmx.net> on 2009/02/02 11:47:14 UTC

Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/MySQLConnectionPool' (Could not find resource 'MySQLConnectionPool'

Hello Community, I'm new on this forum and hope to find help for my following
error.

I've tried a lot of searching about the following error, but have nothing
found.

Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/MySQLConnectionPool' (Could not
find resource 'MySQLConnectionPool'.  Perhaps it has not yet been
configured, or your application does not have a dependency declared for that
resource module?
Search conducted in current module and dependencies:
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car]
[ALL: default/Application_ID/1233570414144/car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car]
[CLASSES: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko//car]
)
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve resource
reference 'jdbc/MySQLConnectionPool' (Could not find resource
'MySQLConnectionPool'.  Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your
application does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?
Search conducted in current module and dependencies:
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1/car]
[ALL: default/Application_ID/1233570414144/car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car]
[CLASSES: org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2//car]
[ALL: org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko//car]
)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.deployment.ResourceRefBuilder.buildNaming(ResourceRefBuilder.java:207)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.NamingBuilderCollection.buildNaming(NamingBuilderCollection.java:53)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.configureBasicWebModuleAttributes(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:842)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.addGBeans(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:343)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.addGBeans(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:165)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:647)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Ok the message for me says, that there are some problems with the datasource
I've created and the reference to the datasource in my application.

But the application in an earlier version already worked with the geronimo
server. The only changing I did is, that I changed the build process and do
it now with maven and a changed the IDE to Rational Application Developer
7.5, from there I selected my EAR Project and choose Export EAR File....
Earlier versions of my application work very well without problems, i also
compared the working EAR File with the new one, but found no differences.

The geronimo Server Version is: 2.1 running on a Linux CentOS.

Thx  a lot for your help.
Greeting Pringler

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Unable-to-resolve-resource-reference-%27jdbc-MySQLConnectionPool%27-%28Could-not-find-resource-%27MySQLConnectionPool%27-tp21787560s134p21787560.html

Re: Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/MySQLConnectionPool' (Could not find resource 'MySQLConnectionPool'

Posted by Pringler <pr...@gmx.net>.
I found the solution,

im my case the geronimo-application.xml was not placed in the right folder
of the EAR project, it must be placed in the META-INF folder.
So this was the problem in my case.

But I get the hints that it could be a bug from the geronimo version 2.1,
that the server gets problems with the jdbc/ so i tried before the newer
version 2.1.3 where this bug is fixed.

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Unable-to-resolve-resource-reference-%27jdbc-MySQLConnectionPool%27-%28Could-not-find-resource-%27MySQLConnectionPool%27-tp21787560s134p21847164.html