Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2017/12/26 18:44:57 UTC

Remove retries from DML

Igniters,

Current implementation of DML is not transactional. We have not guarantees
on what is updated and what is not. When certain update fails due to
concurrent entry change, we perform a retry.

The thing is that re-try doesn't guarantee anything still and it might
introduce subtle performance degradation in case of complex queries.

As it has no value for users, I propose to drop it altogether. Semantically
nothing will change from user perspective as we have no guarantees.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.

Re: Remove retries from DML

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Agree. AFAIK ATOMIC cache doesn't perform retries, does it?

I think it does, in some cases. Alexey Goncharuk, can you share some wisdom
here?

Re: Remove retries from DML

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Agree. AFAIK ATOMIC cache doesn't perform retries, does it?

Re: Remove retries from DML

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Vladimir,