Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2004/05/19 09:41:47 UTC

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: avalon-excalibur/excalibur-logger failed

At 10:50 PM 5/18/2004, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>On Wednesday 19 May 2004 03:19, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> > I posted to avalon-dev as you posted here. Log4j changed underneath you, I
> > suspect...
>
> >     [javac] import org.apache.log4j.spi.RootCategory;
> >     [javac] location: class
> > org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.log4j.Log4JConfAdapter
> >     [javac]         super( new Hierarchy( new RootCategory( Level.ALL )
> ) );
>
>As of some weeks ago, this class was not marked deprecated :o(
>
>And the replacement doesn't exist in the 1.2.8 distro.
>
>What are we supposed to do?
>
>Ceki, isn't this a bit 'sudden' ???

You are absolutely right. My bad. I am looking into this right now.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: avalon-excalibur/excalibur-logger failed

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
At 10:09 AM 5/19/2004, you wrote:

> > >Ceki, isn't this a bit 'sudden' ???
>
> > You are absolutely right. My bad. I am looking into this right now.
>

>Thanks, dude...
>Just keep the RootCategory around for a couple of releases, so we can get in
>sync...

I added RootCategory back. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you
continue to encounter problems.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: [GUMP@brutus]: avalon-excalibur/excalibur-logger failed