Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/29 04:32:04 UTC

MyFaces Artifacts and Ibiblio

We really should get some of the older MyFaces artifacts available on
Ibiblio.  Core is still version 1.1.2 and there isn't even a single
Tomahawk version available.

@Wendy: This should be relatively easy now with the new ibiblio sync
mechanism right?  I can try to dedicate some time to this but I'd like
your suggestion on how to go forward since you are our resident
"mavenite".

Sean

Re: MyFaces Artifacts and Ibiblio

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 7/28/06, Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We really should get some of the older MyFaces artifacts available on
> Ibiblio.  Core is still version 1.1.2 and there isn't even a single
> Tomahawk version available.
>
> @Wendy: This should be relatively easy now with the new ibiblio sync
> mechanism right?  I can try to dedicate some time to this but I'd like
> your suggestion on how to go forward since you are our resident
> "mavenite".

IIRC, for 1.1.3 all I'm waiting for is signatures (.asc) for the jar
files and poms.

It's not exactly easy-- we still need that 'build promotion' plugin to
move or copy artifacts from one repo to another without re-building
them like mvn deploy would do.  Right now I think it's going to
involve 'mvn deploy:deploy-file' for each jar.

Publishing pom artifacts is worse, Carlos suggested (changing the
deployment repository and)  'mvn deploy' to get the metadata in place,
then copying the 'original' pom and its signature, overwriting the
deployed one.

Probably more than you wanted to know. :)

--
Wendy