Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Stefan Essl <es...@studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2011/08/12 14:41:05 UTC

XMPP receiver throws SASL authentication failed exception

Hi there,

I'm completely new to Camel and am currently trying to get a basic Google Talk XMPP receiver to run that simply writes the received message to the log. I'm using Camel within ServiceMix and wrote this snippet:

> from("xmpp://receiving_user@googlemail.com/sending_user@googlemail.com?password=secret")
>             .to("log:mytestlog");

As soon as I try to deploy this route, I'm getting plenty of exceptions that run down to:

> org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: SASL authentication failed using mechanism PLAIN

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Stefan

Re: XMPP receiver throws SASL authentication failed exception

Posted by Stefan Essl <es...@studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>.
Hi,

thanks for the response. I saw the Camel XMPP page and got the example listed there to work. But as is stated there this example sends a message whereas I want to receive messages that are sent to a specific Google Talk account. Adding the serviceName didn't get my receiver to work, same exception occurred. Does "Google doesn't support SASL" mean there is no way to receive messages from a Google Talk account or does it mean I have to change something in my code to turn off SASL? If so, how and where?

Thanks,
Stefan

Posted by Tarjei Huse <ta...@scanmine.com>.

--