Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Endre Stolsvik <Ap...@Stolsvik.com> on 2006/11/07 10:36:11 UTC

Any ActiveMQ version working with Spring 2.0 final?

[This did apparently not get through - sorry if doubleposting..]

Hi!

Given that 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 (apparently) uses Spring 1.2.6, and current
snapshots of 4.1 uses Spring 2.0rc1 which have some binary incompatible
changes compared to 2.0 final which ActiveMQ 4.1 depends on for xbean
config, how do you folks manage to get any ActiveMQ version to work
properly with Spring 2.0?

I've tried to do things "the hard way" with Spring IoC (with some hacks to
get "addConnector" to work), and programatically, but this is a real pain,
I feel: as a newbie, I can't get my head around the somewhat intricate
relationships between the different interfaces and implementations in use
here.

The underlying problem I have, is that I want to set up a persisent broker
with my own DataSource, and my own path to the journal.

(And btw: ActiveMQ 4.0.1 bundles beta14 versions of Jetty 6 and thus
Servlet API, which I also find slightly strange.. Current snaps of 4.1
bundles Jetty 6 rc 2 (current is 6.0.1), and as mentioned Spring 2.0 rc1)

Any help appreciated.
(A snapshot/release with proper Spring 2.0 support would be even more
appreciated!)

Kind regards,
Endre.

Re: Any ActiveMQ version working with Spring 2.0 final?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/7/06, Endre Stølsvik <Ap...@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> Thanks for quick reply!
>

> > current snapshots of 4.1 are using 6.0.1 and have for a week or so now.
>
> Well, as you mention, they aren't exactly available online, but I'm now
> looking forward to this.
>

> >> Any help appreciated.
> >> (A snapshot/release with proper Spring 2.0 support would be even more
> >> appreciated!)
> >
> > Unfortunately the Apache repo got restored after hardware failure with
> > a really old image dating back to August. As soon as the next snapshot
> > build works, you should have one with spring 2.0 and jetty 6.0.1
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/
>
> Latest is Aug. 31. We're now in Nov. 7.

I realise this - all our snapshots in September and October got
trashed due to hardware failure and we've had a few issues with the
nightly build since the old backup was restored.

> ETA of new a snappis?

Hopefully in the next 24 hours or so

>  (Vague "ETA" of a release?)

ASAP - as soon as the 4.0.2 release finally gets out, we should try
get 4.1 out ASAP

--

James
-------

Re: Any ActiveMQ version working with Spring 2.0 final?

Posted by Endre Stølsvik <Ap...@stolsvik.com>.
Thanks for quick reply!

> current snapshots of 4.1 are using 6.0.1 and have for a week or so now.

Well, as you mention, they aren't exactly available online, but I'm now
looking forward to this.

>> Any help appreciated.
>> (A snapshot/release with proper Spring 2.0 support would be even more
>> appreciated!)
>
> Unfortunately the Apache repo got restored after hardware failure with
> a really old image dating back to August. As soon as the next snapshot
> build works, you should have one with spring 2.0 and jetty 6.0.1
>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/

Latest is Aug. 31. We're now in Nov. 7.

ETA of new a snappis? (Vague "ETA" of a release?)

(I figure a bunch of people have this exact same problem: Stuck between
versions of Spring and ActiveMQ..)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/7/06, Endre Stolsvik <Ap...@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> [This did apparently not get through - sorry if doubleposting..]
>
> Hi!
>
> Given that 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 (apparently) uses Spring 1.2.6, and current
> snapshots of 4.1 uses Spring 2.0rc1 which have some binary incompatible
> changes compared to 2.0 final which ActiveMQ 4.1 depends on for xbean
> config, how do you folks manage to get any ActiveMQ version to work
> properly with Spring 2.0?

Currently ActiveMQ 4.1 is using Spring 2.0.