Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/08/21 16:45:15 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0 Changes

stas@apache.org wrote:
> stas        2003/08/20 16:20:14
>
>   Modified:    src/modules/perl mod_perl.c mod_perl.h modperl_io.c
>                         modperl_io.h
>                lib/ModPerl Code.pm
>                xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
>                .        Changes
>   Added:       src/modules/perl modperl_io_apache.c modperl_io_apache.h
>                t/modperl print_utf8.t
>                t/response/TestModperl print_utf8.pm
>   Log:
>   when perl is built with perlio enabled (5.8+) the new PerlIO Apache
>   layer is used, so now one can push layers onto STDIN, STDOUT handles
>   e.g. binmode(STDOUT, ':utf8');

I'm not exacly sure where it was introduced, but closure.t is now acting
funny for me.  I've gotten the following different errors this morning on
cvs head from mutiple tests (as well as success)

closure............ok 5/6Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at
closure.t line 116.

closure............NOK 4# Failed test 4 in closure.t at line 157 fail #4

this was with perl 5.8.0.

I really didn't have any ideas.

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0 Changes

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I'm not exacly sure where it was introduced, but closure.t is now acting
> funny for me.  I've gotten the following different errors this morning
> on cvs head from mutiple tests (as well as success)
>
> closure............ok 5/6Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-)
> at closure.t line 116.
>
> closure............NOK 4# Failed test 4 in closure.t at line 157 fail #4
>
> this was with perl 5.8.0.
>
> I really didn't have any ideas.

Yeah, I know. It wasn't introduced, it was appearing at random, usually under
threaded mpms.

I have just committed more code to handle this. It's too verbose. We need a
nicer solution for the test writers. But slowly it shapes up.