Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2002/08/10 20:47:38 UTC

permissions on site-tools

Erik discovered a little problem with the way I setup the build stuff.
All the httpd-docs committers have cvs karma for site-tools, but they
aren't all in the ap-site group, so they don't all have unix permissions.

Possible solutions:

1. Add all httpd-docs committers to ap-site.

2. Change the site-tools repository to httpd group ownership.

3. Move the build stuff to a new httpd-dedicated repository.

Any suggestions?  Ken, this repository was your baby.  What do you think
is the best way to go?

Joshua.

Re: permissions on site-tools

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> 1. Add all httpd-docs committers to ap-site.

This essentially states that anyone authorised to update
any Apache project site can update any of the others as
well.  This may be acceptable.

> 2. Change the site-tools repository to httpd group ownership.

No good; it's meant to be ASF-wide.

> 3. Move the build stuff to a new httpd-dedicated repository.

Same as above.  Let's not duplicate effort and split the
hairs too finely.

I'll ask Brian what he thinks.
--
#ken	P-)}