Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/12/14 00:38:02 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Thanks to all who verified and voted!

I give my binding +1 to conclude the vote for 2.8.3 RC0, based on:
- Build from source and verify signatures
- Deploy pseudo-distributed cluster and run some simple job, like: pi, sleep, etc.
- Verify UI of daemons, like: NameNode, DataNode, ResourceManager, NodeManager, etc

- Verify rolling upgrade features from 2.7.4, include MR over distributed cache, NM restart with work preserving, etc.

Now, we have:

8 binding +1s, from:
     Eric Payne, Jason Lowe, Jian He, Wangda Tan, Rohith Sharma K S, Sunil G, Naganarasimha Garla, Junping Du

5 non-binding +1s, from:
    Brahma Reddy Battula, Kuhu Shukla, Ajay Kumar, Eric Badger, Chandni Singh

and no -1s.

So I am glad to announce that the vote of 2.8.3 RC0 passes.

Thanks everyone listed above who tried the release candidate and vote and all who ever help with 2.8.3 release effort in all kinds of ways.
I'll push the release bits and send out an announcement for 2.8.3 soon.

Thanks,

Junping