Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gpub <af...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/11 05:37:54 UTC

Recording of funtionality on Oracle forms.. can it be possible?

Hi.

i am recording an oracle application, and it has many FORMS pages, how can i
record the funtionality on those forms, i already did this with http proxy
server but it seems Jmeter only records the forms bt not the funtionality on
the forms it self ?

please let me know where is the prob and sugesstion too.

Thanks.

-Gp

Re: Recording of funtionality on Oracle forms.. can it be possible?

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.
If you access to the database why dont you look at the database and confirm
that the record is being updated or not or else you could use application UI
to check whether it is being reflected in UI or not.

Make sure that you always send a dynamic data to update the database  so
that you could see the change.

Thanks,
Ravindra

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.

 "bt again jmter only shows the jars.."-->>>.. jmetre shows jars files while
recording on the oracle forms.. why so ... why not the URLs of FORMS.

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.

Ravina wrote:

> Hi Gp,
>
> If you are looking to test for click functionality, you cant test it via
> Jmeter. For this you need to use any functional testing tool.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravindra
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:36 AM, gpub <af...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hey Drew,
>>
>> Well, My oracle application has some Forms(pages in the links URLS) and
>> have
>> some clickable funtionalty. Currently i am just trying to record the
>> script
>> on those it seems they only have recorded the FORMS(bt not the clickable
>> funtionality).
>>
>> Data is getting updated at backend, bt how can i confirm the same, that
>> clickable funtionality has been performed. I am currenty having a look at
>> URLs in script to find the same(looks tough though)
>>
>> Do guide me how to plan the same.
>>
>> -Gp
>>

>> drubix wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Gp,
>> >
>> > What do you mean by "the funtionality on the forms it self"? Is the
>> data
>> > not being inserted into the database?
>> >
>> > Drew

>> the

>> --

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Recording of funtionality on Oracle forms.. can it be possible?

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gp,

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.
Hey Drew,

Posted by drubix <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gp,

Re: FW: Recording of funtionality on Oracle forms.. can it be possible?

Posted by gpub <af...@gmail.com>.
Ok np !!
suvendu.. :)