Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Brian Attwell <br...@cloudkitchens.com> on 2019/01/04 23:26:21 UTC

Declarative Kafka Configuration As Code

I'm setting up our Kafka cluster at a new company, and I think it would be
beneficial if topic/partitioning/schemas are configured in code as opposed
to by running ad-hoc kafka commands or using something like Kafka Manager.

Has anyone had a good experience writing a declarative kafka config schema
or using open source tools for this? Or does know a reason why this seems
like a terrible idea?

--Brian

Re: Declarative Kafka Configuration As Code

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
Brian, you can use AdminClient to configure Kafka topics programmatically.
You might consider using a jvm language like Scala that can embed a DSL for
configuration.

Ryanne