Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ra...@thomsonreuters.com on 2011/08/30 15:46:24 UTC

escaping special characters does not seem to be escaping in query

Hi All:
    I have a few fields that are of the form: "A:2B" or "G:U2" and so on.  I would like to be able to search the field using a wild character search like:   A:2*
or G:U*. I have tried out modifying the field_type definitions to allow for such queries but without any luck

Could someone/anyone provided me with a fieldtype that uses the canned Tokenizers and filters which will allow me to do a search as described ?

Thanks much

Ramdev

Re: escaping special characters does not seem to be escaping in query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
There is very little information to go on here, but at a
guess WordDelimiterFilterFactory is your problem.
have you looked at the admin/analysis page to try to figure
out what your analysis chain is doing?

Best
Erick