Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Larkin Lowrey <ll...@nuclearwinter.com> on 2000/07/17 08:31:18 UTC

jsp -> class infinite loop

I just installed tomcat and I am having a problem with jsp. When I
request a jsp file and it must be compiled to .java tomcat goes into an
infinite loop repeating the last println statement over and over in the
new .java file.

I'm currently running tomcat 3.2b2 but had the same problem with 3.1.
Solaris x86 2.7
Java 1.2.2

Any hints? Tips? Tricks?

Larkin Lowrey
llowrey@NuclearWinter.com

Re: jsp -> class infinite loop

Posted by Larkin Lowrey <ll...@nuclearwinter.com>.
I installed the java 1.3 beta and jsp works fine now. Thanks!!

--Larkin

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:38:03 +0200 (CEST), kert@core.tb.cz wrote:

>Exactly. 1.2.2_05 is the buggy one, maybe 1.2.2_05a as well (I'm not
>sure). 1.3.0 beta works fine for me (Sol 2.8 x86), on Sol 2.7 x86 I used
>to have 1.2.1_03 - without any problems.
>
>regards
>Roman Kratochvil
>

>On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Danno Ferrin wrote:
>
>> It's a bug in the production release of Solaria Java 1.2.2.  Not sure
>> what the version that works (I think it was 1.2.1 or some earlier 1.2.2
>> production release) but you are not the first person to post that error,
>> and the error was determined to be a bug in the implementation of the
>> 1.2.2 JVM.
>>
>> --Danno
>>
>> Larkin Lowrey wrote:
>> >
>> > I just installed tomcat and I am having a problem with jsp. When I
>> > request a jsp file and it must be compiled to .java tomcat goes into an
>> > infinite loop repeating the last println statement over and over in the
>> > new .java file.
>> >
>> > I'm currently running tomcat 3.2b2 but had the same problem with 3.1.
>> > Solaris x86 2.7
>> > Java 1.2.2
>> >
>> > Any hints? Tips? Tricks?
>> >
>> > Larkin Lowrey
>> > llowrey@NuclearWinter.com

Re: jsp -> class infinite loop

Posted by ke...@core.tb.cz.

Re: jsp -> class infinite loop

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.

RE: jsp -> class infinite loop

Posted by Larkin Lowrey <ll...@nuclearwinter.com>.
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:39:37 -0700, Rob S. wrote:

>Post the jsp? =)

All three do the same thing. When the .jsp is being converted to .java
tomcat gets stuck in an infinite loop where it repeats the last println
over and over.

--Larkin

====[ File 1 ]====
<head>