Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dinesh B sampangi <di...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/19 15:06:29 UTC

conditional iteration based on index value

hi! All,
   i need to iterate  conditionally based on the index value, how can this be achieved.

for eg. i need to output some values if the index is 0 & not output the same if the index is > 1;
and also since i'm using nested:iterate how can this be done..

TIA
Dinesh

Re: conditional iteration based on index value

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
hi Dinesh

I assume you're talking to me :o) I generally prefer Mark..

anyway i'm a little confused what you are doing is ABC and list
contained within the XYZ list?

i guess that could be irrelevant. So you've an ABC list thats stored in
XYZ at an index of 0.

The nested tags already indexed the properties, have you tried name
rather than property?

<nested:equal name="myIndex" value="0">
	Do something with list...
<nested:equal>

i'll have to look though some stuff as I haven't used nested tags for a
while.

without nested tags

<logic:iterate id="foo" name="XYZ" indexId="myIndex">
	<logic:equal name="myIndex" value="0">
		do some thing...
	</logic:equal>

</logic:iterate>

I think the problem is that myIndex isn't a property of XYZ but a
counter defined in the page context (i could be wrong). so you
reference it as an object in the page scope.

cheers mark

Lunedì, 19 mag 2003, alle 16:44 Europe/London, Dinesh B sampangi ha

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.