Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Chad Skinner <cs...@topeka.k12.ks.us> on 2009/01/22 20:42:46 UTC

Authentication and Security

Does anyone know of any good resources for working with authentication
and authorization within OSGi. I would like to look into moving a few
of our web applications to a more modular implementation using OSGi,
but most of our apis are using the EJB 3 annotations and role based
security features. I am looking for best practices and any good
reading material that would help me learn what I can do authorize user
access to perform various services provided by a bundle.

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Authentication and Security

Posted by Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
Hi Chad

We have some experiences in authorization based on JAAS in OSGi environment.
Please visit the following link for an example code
http://wiki.trialox.org/confluence/display/DEV/User+Authorization+based+on+JAAS+in+OSGi+Environment

Hth
Hasan

Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> 2009/1/23 Chad Skinner <cs...@topeka.k12.ks.us>
>

>> Does anyone know of any good resources for working with authentication and
>> authorization within OSGi. I would like to look into moving a few of our web
>> applications to a more modular implementation using OSGi, but most of our
>> apis are using the EJB 3 annotations and role based security features. I am
>> looking for best practices and any good reading material that would help me
>> learn what I can do authorize user access to perform various services
>> provided by a bundle.
>>

> Karl and Marcel gave a couple of presentations last year on this topic:
>

> http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/Building%20Secure%20OSGi%20Applications%20Workshop.pdf
>
> http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/Building%20Secure%20OSGi%20Applications.pdf
>
> (see http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.html for a list of other
> presentations relating to Felix)
>
> Thanks,
>
>> Chad

  Hasan Hasan
  trialox AG
  Binzmühlestrasse 14, CH-8050 Zürich
  Tel: +41 44 635 7577
  Fax: +41 44 635 7574

Re: Authentication and Security

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/23 Chad Skinner <cs...@topeka.k12.ks.us>

> Does anyone know of any good resources for working with authentication and
> authorization within OSGi. I would like to look into moving a few of our web
> applications to a more modular implementation using OSGi, but most of our
> apis are using the EJB 3 annotations and role based security features. I am
> looking for best practices and any good reading material that would help me
> learn what I can do authorize user access to perform various services
> provided by a bundle.

Karl and Marcel gave a couple of presentations last year on this topic:

http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/Building%20Secure%20OSGi%20Applications%20Workshop.pdf

http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/Building%20Secure%20OSGi%20Applications.pdf

(see http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.html for a list of other
presentations relating to Felix)