Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Helen L Rehn <hl...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/06/13 21:34:38 UTC

wsdl2java tool: mapping of java.net.URL type

Hi,

I'm using the wsdl2java tool which is part of IBM's Web Services Toolkit
(so I believe this means it is based on Axis Beta 1).  I have a method for
which one of the parameters is a java.net.URL.  When it generates the
wsdl, it generates its own complex type for the URL element:

<schema targetNamespace="http://net.java" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
- <complexType name="URL">
  <sequence />
  </complexType>
  <element name="URL" nillable="true" type="tns1:URL" />
  </schema>

Is this what it is supposed to do?  I was hoping it would map to an XML
Schema anyURI type.  I guess I could always rewrite the wsdl by hand to
this mapping, but I'm concerned that I've done some wrong, and I'd rather
figure out what that is.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Helen (Nell) L. Rehn
Extreme Blue Intern
919-254-6251 (office)
Helen L Rehn/Durham/IBM
hlrehn@us.ibm.com

Note: Any opinions expressed in this message are my opinions and not meant to represent the opinions of IBM.