Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Lokesh Basu <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/06 06:03:57 UTC

How to commit

Hi,

It's not been so long when I started to learn about Hadoop/HDFS/MapReduce
and have been implementing those things. Now I want to dive into the source
code and see whether I can be useful in providing patches. I have a good
foundation of programming and algorithm, owing to my computer science
stream. But do not have much idea about how to build the source code and
provide a patch for something that is given on Jira.

So can anyone please provide me with details of how to provide a patch and
what are the things that I need to do before.

Thanking you all in anticipation

*Lokesh Chandra Basu*
B. Tech
Computer Science and Engineering