Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 13:30:35 UTC

generics: CasManager.getCasInterface

Right now its declared as

AbstractCas getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<? extends AbstractCas>
requiredInterface);

but I think it should be

<T extends AbstractCas> T getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<? extends
AbstractCas> requiredInterface);

I will change it if there are no objections.

Jörn

Re: generics: CasManager.getCasInterface

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Adam Lally wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Jörn Kottmann<ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>>
>>> Right now its declared as
>>>
>>> AbstractCas getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<? extends AbstractCas>
>>> requiredInterface);
>>>
>>> but I think it should be
>>>
>>> <T extends AbstractCas> T getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<? extends
>>> AbstractCas> requiredInterface);
>>>
>> ups, it  must be:
>>
>> <T extends AbstractCas> T getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<T>
>> requiredInterface);
>>

> Looks right.
>   -Adam

+1   Marshall

Re: generics: CasManager.getCasInterface

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Jörn Kottmann<ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>>
>> Right now its declared as
>>
>> AbstractCas getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<? extends AbstractCas>
>> requiredInterface);
>>
>> but I think it should be
>>
>> <T extends AbstractCas> T getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<? extends
>> AbstractCas> requiredInterface);
>
> ups, it  must be:
>
> <T extends AbstractCas> T getCasInterface(CAS cas, Class<T>
> requiredInterface);

Looks right.
  -Adam

Re: generics: CasManager.getCasInterface

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.