Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Lukas Häusermann <lu...@adfinis-sygroup.ch> on 2018/05/30 13:39:11 UTC

Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Hi There

I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.

Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.

The link to our opengrok site on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Devel
opment should also be removed or changed (if another source browser
system is provided by then).

Greetings,
Lukas

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Please keep this separate from the two VMs that are being built for Forums and MediaWiki.

Maybe we can ask for a third VM, but you will need to have two new volunteers from the PMC to be the sysadmins.

You might ask Infra or Builds if there are other projects that are interested in OpenGrok.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Re: [offlist] Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system - upload place

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
yea. me stupid. -.-

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Hello Lukas,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Lukas,

Am 05.07.2018 um 10:30 schrieb Lukas Häusermann:
> Hi Matthias
>
> On Sun, 2018-06-24 at 17:34 +0200, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> [...]
>> I think we can find a place for it somewhere...
>>
>> What size and what format is the disk image?
> I created a tar.gz archive with the configuration files from
> /etc/tomcat8/, /opt/opengrok and /var/opengrok.

Thanks!

> The Archive is ~12GB.
> Now I just need a place to upload it.

My Dropbox isn't big enough...
Do you have some kind of online storage where I could download it from?

@all: Do we have a better place to store the image?

Regards,
   Matthias

Posted by Lukas Häusermann <lu...@adfinis-sygroup.ch>.
Hi Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by Lukas Häusermann <lu...@adfinis-sygroup.ch>.
Hi

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 01/06/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
> The System is a KVM VM running on Ubuntu 16:04.
> Specs:
> 1x vCPU
> 4GB RAM
> 60GB Diskspace
> Does this help so far?

Thanks, this gives us some useful data in case we want to replace the
service.

Just in case, would the VM disk image be available in case we wish to
clone it entirely, at least as an internal non-public installation to

Posted by Lukas Häusermann <lu...@adfinis-sygroup.ch>.
Hi

[...]

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 30.05.2018 um 15:39 schrieb Lukas Häusermann:

> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>
> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>
> The link to our opengrok site on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Devel
> opment should also be removed or changed (if another source browser
> system is provided by then).

as I don't know the reason I would like to ask if there is anything we
can do to keep the service up and running?

In the past it was always helpful to search for specific things via
OpenGrok, so we would really miss it.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Marcus