Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Amadeo Asco <aa...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK> on 2010/03/29 15:07:34 UTC

Class Not found in version 3.6-20091214

I have started using you library and would like to subscribe to the user
Mailing List.

I have installed the libraries and run it, nice an easy to use. But it fails
when trying to save into the file.  The problem is a missing class:

SEVERE: org/openxmlformats/schemas/spreadsheetml/x2006/main/CTDxfs$1

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/openxmlformats/schemas/spreadsheetml/x2006/main/CTDxfs$1

      at
org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.CTDxfs.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)

      at
org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.CTDxfs$Factory.newInstan
ce(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.writeTo(StylesTable.java:362)

      at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.commit(StylesTable.java:377)

      at
org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocumentPart.onSave(POIXMLDocumentPart.java:177)

      at
org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocumentPart.onSave(POIXMLDocumentPart.java:181)

      at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocument.write(POIXMLDocument.java:214)

      at com.aas.phd.xsl.XSLMain.main(XSLMain.java:87)

org.openxmlformats.schemas.spreadsheetml.x2006.main.CTDxfs$1

      ... 8 more

I have looked into the different jar files and I could not find
"org/openxmlformats/schemas/spreadsheetml/x2006/main/CTDxfs$1". Please could
anyone help? I will submit my question to the Mailing list as soon as I am
subscribed.

RE: Class Not found in version 3.6-20091214

Posted by Amadeo Asco <aa...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>.
Thanks to everyone for their help. I find unsettling and concerning to used
different versions of libraries from different package. I have found a way
to do what I needed but I'll have in mind account your help here for the
future.

May I suggest that a package should contain all the class required, or
document how to get them. In any case any external library to the package
should be compatible with the package in use.

(Just a minor note, my name is Amadeo with an 'a' not an 'e'. I don't know
from where Amedeo comes but certainly it is not my name. You could event say
Amadeus as it is the same)

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Hi Amedeo,

Posted by Amadeo Asco <aa...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>.

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Hi Amedeo,

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
That ought to work.

Posted by Alex Phung <al...@intercax.com>.
Sorry, I meant replace

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.

Posted by Alex Phung <al...@intercax.com>.
Is it safe to replace

Posted by Amadeo Asco <aa...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>.
Thanks for the response.

I'm using the latest version ad from http://poi.apache.org/ poi-3.6. The
files you say I have already linked to my project and I don't have any
problem reading or modifying the workbook but when I go to save it fails.
The poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6-20091214.jar is missing a class that it is
required when saving as from the exception trace in my original post.

I've tried to look for ooxml-schemas-1.0.jar as I have also found in the
internet for this problem and now you seem to advice but I could not find it
in 3.5 as there isn't any poi-ooxml-schemas-3.5???.jar Also I have the
concern that any other version may not be compatible with 3.6. So, I've just
converted my XLSX file to XLS and I'll try with this version.

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.