Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/20 02:45:37 UTC

broken dependencies

I'm trying to set up my first m2 project and am having a lot of dependency
issues. Most seem to be broken dependencies in dynamically included POMs.

It's pretty annoying the lib developers don't check this, but the only thing
to do in the short tem is install them myself and send in a bug report to
the developers of the lib.

Now, finding the broken dep is the hard part... is there a switch I can add
when running m2 that will tell me what POM had the dynamic dependency that
was not listed correctly?
Without that information, it's kind of hard to find it.

Re: broken dependencies

Posted by Brill Pappin <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, that does help but I've got so many its going to take a while to
wade through it all...

it would be very helpful though, if m2 told you in the normal output what
POM referenced the broken dep... I bet the developers of the broken POM
would get a lot more bug reports (and the rest of us would maintain our
sanity)..

- Brill Pappin

Re: broken dependencies

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.