Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2006/04/20 10:31:04 UTC

maven2 support

Hi,

As you might have noticed, I have added very basic maven2 build support to
the torque projects (basic meaning that more things are not working than
working).
The group id is org.apache.db.torque, and the
subproject ids are runtime, generator, templates, and torque-maven-plugin.

What is currently working is that the project can be built by maven2 under
jdk1.4 and jdk1.5. To do this, execute the command

mvn install

in the subfolders

common
runtime
templates
generator
maven2-plugin

in this order.

In the maven2-plugin, currently only the om task is implemented, but this
should be fully functional. No docs exist yet :-(.

The test project halso has very basic maven2 functionality. Generating the
classes works at the moment, but nothing more. The command
mvn package
in the folter test/test-project also tries to executes the test cases, but
this fails because sql generation and execution is not yet implemented in
the maven 2 plugin.

The committed files are meant as a proposal only. Questions, comments,
complaints are welcome.

In the long run, I'd propose to switch to maven2 as a build system, but
keep the maven1 build process parallel till we are fully satisfied with
the maven2 build.

    Thomas