Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/11/15 16:04:05 UTC

Kaffe build

seems to be failing inside of Ant's zip classes now.

For some reason Kaffe's java.util.zip.ZipEntry throws an exception in
setCompressedSize when invoked for META-INF/ (which is a directory and
should thus have compressedSize == size == 0, compression is STORED).

Dalibor, do you need any more information?

Should Ant do something in a different way in order to avoid the
exception?

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Kaffe build

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> For some reason Kaffe's java.util.zip.ZipEntry throws an exception
> in setCompressedSize when invoked for META-INF/ (which is a
> directory and should thus have compressedSize == size == 0,
> compression is STORED).

It's a stack overflow, strange.  Is Kaffe's default stack size smaller
than the size of your usual JVM?  Should we increase it by default?

Stefan

Re: Kaffe build

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi Dalibor,

I assumed you'd be subscribed so I didn't copy you on my initial
mails.  Thanks to Dims for getting us talking again 8-)

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org> wrote:

> I can't seem to be able to reproduce it with current Kaffe from CVS
> head,

I've already modified Ant's code to give you a full stack trace.  To
me it seems we'd need to increase the Java stack, but kaffe --help
says the -ss switch would be ignored.

I could get convinced to remove the extra layer of reflection in
ZipEntry that we only need to be JDK 1.1 compatible - if that would
get us further.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Kaffe build

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, is it easy to update the kaffe on brutus to latest CVS/nightly?

thanks,
dims

Re: Kaffe build

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.