Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/10 18:54:54 UTC

[VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 4

Hi,

Changes in v4:
make the legal-bundle version fixed rather than equal to the version
of whatever subproject is trying to use it.
Fix noise in DEPENDENCIES file generation
Change legal verifier to expect LICENSE and NOTICE files by default
add the rat plugin so you can run mvn rat:check for a project check
(note that rat does not look inside jars so we still need the verifier)
add some more commonly used plugins to the project-config and
alphabetize them.

Changes in v3:
Change the legal-bundle to have really simple NOTICE file and put all
the dependency info in a separate DEPENDENCIES file.  This
corresponds to what appears to be current thinking on legal-discuss
about what should be in these files.  We should be able to use this
bundle with the maven-remote-resources-plugin everywhere now.

Fiddle around with the maven site generation and site deployment so
it more or less works.  Add some instructions in the project-config
site.

Changes in v2:
Change in the release plugin configuration to use the default tagBase
in release profiles in projects that inherit from the project-config
pom.  It is also possible to override tagBase but this should not be
necessary as we adhere to standard svn layout. There are also some
plugin version upgrades.

The new root pom includes a release profile that sets up the standard
javadoc, source and gpg plugins and uses the default tagBase location.

This sets us up for using the release process also now under vote
described at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/
Proposed+%28updated%29+release+process

The only Jira I know about is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
GERONIMO-3895

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-repo/org/apache/geronimo/
genesis/
site staging:
http://people.apache.org/~djencks/staging-site/maven/genesis/1.4/

This time I was able to use mvn site site-deploy -Prelease,default to
deploy the site all at once to the staging-site.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

thanks
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 4 (cancelled)

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Mar 10, 2008, at 8:41 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Um, we might as well remove the config/checkstyle-config and config/
> logging-config modules and their references, they aren't really used.

OK, I did that.... so should I also remove the checkstyle report?  I
commented it out.

Fixed the skin issue
Fixed a problem with text of NOTICE file.
Fixed a problem with location of maven feather in the skin.

I can't get the directory plugin site I set up to show any
reports.... no idea what is wrong.

Anyway will start vote take 5 tomorrow.

thanks
david jencks

Re: [VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 4

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: [VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 4

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] genesis 1.4 take 4

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Wondering if we will get to take 5 but...
+1
david jencks